Global warming is unavoidable due to several factors. The warming of the Earth's temperature has considerably affected the climate all over the world. Therefore, it is no longer surprising to hear cases of extreme weather conditions when listening to meteorological condition forecasts on the radio or on TV.
That is why humanitarian organizations like The Prem Rawat Foundation (TPRF) are created in order to help the victims of natural disasters.
Hurricane Dorian as the most intense tropical cyclone
The cyclone devastated the Bahamas in 2019. It was the deadliest hurricane which had hit the island. It was the most intense storm recorded in the Atlantic Ocean. In just one minute, its winds reached a maximum speed of 295 km/h(185 mph).
It was first located near latitude 42.0 degrees north and longitude 66.0 degrees west. It featured as the first most violent and deadliest hurricane of the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season.
The rapid development of Hurricane Dorian
- On August 24, a tropical wave formed over the Central Atlantic
- The storm gained more and more power; it then developed into a violent storm, known under the name of Hurricane Dorian.
- On August 28, the storm traveled across the Lesser Antilles; it then developed into a dangerous hurricane in the north of the Greater Antilles.
- The hurricane Dorian had rapidly gained more intensity, reaching its peak to a high level of a Category 5 hurricane
- On Labor Day, Dorian hit the Abaco Islands. It traveled with extremely intense winds which could reach up to 185 mph (295 km/h).
- On September 3, Dorian headed to the northwest; and its intensity had gradually decreased.
- On September 6, the hurricane's intensity was reduced into Category 1. It became an extratropical cyclone and then, it hit Nova Scotia.
- On September 10, the hurricane Dorian dissipated near Greenland.
The material losses and casualties were shocking
Hurricane Doran caused catastrophic losses to the islands. The heavy storm wiped away most structures into the sea. The tragedy triggered 70,000 people to lose their homes. Aside from that, the hurricane produced landfall in the east of Abaco Island, more precisely in Elbow Cay, and on the Grand Bahama. The storm force lasted several hours.
The persistent, powerful storm conditions triggered significant damages to the islands. Because of the torrential rains and the high winds, thousands of homes were wrecked and many human losses were recorded. In fact, hurricane Doran caused 73 casualties, 70 of which were recorded in the Bahamas. On December 7, it was reported in the news that more than 282 people went missing. In fact, hurricane Dorian cost a lot of fortunes to the Bahamian country. The damage was estimated to cost more than $3.4 billion.
Give a hand for natural disaster victims
A call for action is made for each individual to make their contributions to victims of natural disasters. Each year, may people have lost their lives due to the extreme weather conditions in the world nowadays. Join a humanitarian organization like The Prem Rawat Foundation (TPRF) to help save lives.